Monday, November 7, 2011

Harry Potter Engagement Survey

I had to fill out a "personality profile" for a photographer my fiance and I were interested in for our wedding. Questions and topics included things like "What do you guys do together?" and "Name three of your favorite places."

It was the personality questions that got to me.

One subject included, "Name three defining personality traits about yourself."

"Uh..." I said as I turned to Alex. "Mostly Gryffindor and Ravenclaw with a touch of Slytherin?"

I realized that, in the 10+ years Harry Potter has existed, Harry Potter has also gone on to define my actual status as a human being and all the details that go along with that.

"Name three defining characteristics about your significant other."
Slytherin, with bits of Gryffindor and Ravenclaw?

"What are some things you and your fiance don't like?"
Hufflepuffs?

"What would you say is your favorite book?"
WHAT DO YOU THINK? Pride & Prejudice.

I realized I couldn't think of "personality" traits outside of a Hogwarts house. My sisters? Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff. My best friends? Slytherdors and Gryffinpuffs. My mother? A squib. And so on.

I looked up Sorting Hat songs. "Brave of heart? Yeah, I guess that's me. Great ambition? Sounds pretty close... Wait, do these sound ridiculous on this questionnaire?"

I was beginning to think this guy might not take our money; even people on OffbeatBride.com would be hardcore judging us (although we don't intend on having a Viking or LARP-themed wedding).

"Wit and learning set Ravenclaws apart..."

WITTY IS ACCEPTABLE.

2 comments:

  1. Your mom is totally a squib.

    Witty, learned, ambitious. DONE AND DONE. SEND IT IT.

    ReplyDelete