Friday, January 27, 2012

Student Stories

So, I haven't written much lately. I know the 2 1/2 of you who read (I'm looking at you, William Wallace) probably don't care, but MAYBE SOMEDAY SOMEONE WILL.

Who, me?

With that being said, I've decided to compile some interesting tidbits (not timbits, though those are delicious, as are babies) kids at work have said. For all those who don't know, I teach kids with special needs and/or learning disabilities.


Here are some recent gems:

7-Year Old Student: "Do you know why I like going to the dentist?"
Me: "Why?"
7-Year Old Student: "I love when you get the chloroform. You know, the stuff that tastes good in your mouth."
Me: "...Fluoride?"

Me: "So can you think of way to use the word awed?"
10-Year Old Student: "Well, I'm awed by you... I mean, not in a bad way. A good way. Like, you're cute, but not like pretty cute, but kind of I want to kiss you cute. So I'm awed by you."
Me: "...Thank you?"

Me: "Ready to get started?"
11-Year Old Student: "Yeah, I just drained my dragon."
Me: "...Uh."
11-Year Old Student: "Yeah, it's weird how we get expressions and stuff."

7-Year Old Student: "My Uncle Borat lives in Hollywood."
Me: "So 'Borat' is your uncle?"
7-Year Old Student: "Yeah, my family got mad at him at Thanksgiving for walking on the table and kicking over our turkey."

No comments:

Post a Comment